FIS Equipment Requirements for the 2017-2018 season (more stringent, required only if racing in FIS-sanctioned events):
- SL Skis (Men: min. 165cm length, Women: min. 155cm length; no radius requirement)
- GS Skis (Men: min. 188 cm length, Women: min. 183cm length; 30m radius for both men and women)
USSA Equipment Requirements for the 2017-2018 season (all athletes must abide by these requirements at a minimum):
- SL Skis (Men: min. 130cm length, Women: min. 130cm length; no radius requirement
- GS Skis (Men: no length requirement, Women: no length requirement; 17m radius for both men and women)
For more information, see here
Additionally, all skiers must have sturdy ski boots (4-buckle race boot recommended) and appropriately sized ski poles (with guards for slalom).
Places to get equipment
Second Best Option: Academy Ski Swaps – If there is enough interest we can arrange a team trip.
Online Stores – Usually they are pricey, but sometimes they have close outs on last season’s equipment.
Local Shops – Very infrequently do local shops have race equipment, but they can be a good source for boot fitting and picking up non technical equipment such as clothes, hats, gloves etc.
- East Coast Alpine
860 Commonwealth Ave, Boston (617-232-9800)
- Wicked Sharp Ski & Sports
1898 Centre St, West Roxbury (617-327-2560)
- Eastern Mountain Sports
1041 Commonwealth Ave, Boston (617-254-4250)
- The Ski Monster
860 Commonwealth Ave, Boston (617-275-2561)
- Bob Smith’s Wilderness House
1048 Commonwealth Ave, Boston (617-277-5858)
- Ski Haus
1 Wheeler Rd., Burlington (781-270-2600)
Places to get clothing